what it's all about

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
I am on a journey -like you, I'm sure. A personal journey, a spiritual journey. A journey about passions, growth, and living. I don't have a good memory, but I value my experiences. It's very strange when you realize that you are being shaped constantly, but ultimately only remember some of the reasons why you are the person you're becoming. I find that when things resonate within me, writing about them helps me to better develop my opinions about them, and to remember them. Sometimes, it's the simple act of looking back and reminding myself where I've been that is all I need to move forward with confidence. That's why I write. Thank you for joining me.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Tomorrow!

Today is the eve of my haircut!! No, it's not The Big Chop, but it still going to be a big chop.
I took out all of the fake hair today, and look like this:





I bet these tresses would loc, even though they've been relaxed. I mean, look at them! They held the twist so well, I think it would only be a matter of time. I bet my husband is secretly hoping I freak out tomorrow and decide try to loc the old parts instead of cutting down to the new growth...

About that. He has not reacted well to me wanting to cut my hair. I've had short hair before; in fact, it was a pixie cut when we first met. But whenever I remind him of that, he says, "yeah, but it was straight." Grrr. Considering he was the one who suggested I loc my hair, you'd think he'd be more supportive. He kept making suggestions about cutting it shoulder length, chin length, etc. It got to the point where I had to tell him not to bring it up anymore. I was so bothered that I didn't even want to blog about it because I was so embarrassed and hurt. I seriously wanted to cry every time he mentioned anything about my hair. And I am NOT changing my mind. I told him each time, but he apparently didn't understand that my mind was made up, and was oblivious to how much it hurt my feelings. I know it's just hair and that I shouldn't have been that upset, but he's my husband. I want him to find me attractive and I want him to support me. I also want him to get that it's just hair. And hair grows. And I am not my hair.

Anyway. I started writing with the intent to share my excitement, but now I'm feeling down in the dumps about it. I'm done writing for today. Be back with a new do (and hopefully a better attitude) tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment