what it's all about

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
I am on a journey -like you, I'm sure. A personal journey, a spiritual journey. A journey about passions, growth, and living. I don't have a good memory, but I value my experiences. It's very strange when you realize that you are being shaped constantly, but ultimately only remember some of the reasons why you are the person you're becoming. I find that when things resonate within me, writing about them helps me to better develop my opinions about them, and to remember them. Sometimes, it's the simple act of looking back and reminding myself where I've been that is all I need to move forward with confidence. That's why I write. Thank you for joining me.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

my morning started with an email from my loctician.

It reads:

Greetings Alicia,
I hope you have enjoyed your summer thus far! It has been interesting and life changing for me. Lockstar moved on 8/1 into a new location in NODA on Cullman Ave for a fresh start and new business model. On 8/5, AT&T (telephone company) was scheduled to transfer all phone services but the rain came first & did not stop. What I didn't know was that the new location was in a flood zone. The rain flooded the new location on Cullman Ave ruining everything including all of our beautiful, brand new furniture! I was already transitioning to Miami with plans to spend 3 weeks there & only 1 week in Charlotte a month, but because of this ordeal, I humbly take it as a sign to simply move as opposed to transitioning. So, that is what's happening. I know it's a lot to walk away from. I LOVE my clients, I have the GREATEST clients, & I learn so much from you while I take care of your hair... But, I have so much to look forward to in Miami!  I will open a Lockstar there amongst a lot of other Lockstar Lifestyle related projects.

I apologize to every client that has a scheduled hair appointment in September. I have referred some clients to Gia, my sister, a natural stylist, 704-890-1235. Also, most of the stylists in the city have been trained at Lockstar.

Please keep in touch. I thank you for your patronage. You will be missed. I have seen many of you every 3-4 weeks for 7 or 8 years!

One Love & Best Wishes, 

April 
Lockstar 
www. lockstarsalon.com

Twitter: @Lockstarbyapril 
Facebook : Lockstar natural hair salon by April Atkinson 

Excuse me while I go bawl my eyes out.

I am very excited for April. This was her plan to begin with, and I guess it was God's plan too. I wish her only the best in Miami. Make sure you guys add her on Facebook and Twitter to see what she has in store for us. I know it will be great things! For any of you out that way, go look her up! Bring her some business and you will consider it one of the best decisions you've ever made!


Well, so long for now, you fabulous woman. I will miss you!

9 comments: