what it's all about

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
I am on a journey -like you, I'm sure. A personal journey, a spiritual journey. A journey about passions, growth, and living. I don't have a good memory, but I value my experiences. It's very strange when you realize that you are being shaped constantly, but ultimately only remember some of the reasons why you are the person you're becoming. I find that when things resonate within me, writing about them helps me to better develop my opinions about them, and to remember them. Sometimes, it's the simple act of looking back and reminding myself where I've been that is all I need to move forward with confidence. That's why I write. Thank you for joining me.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hair update

So, I'm not sure why, but my head has been really flaky the last few days. At first I thought maybe I over did it with the gel when I retwisted last, but I have to be honest, most of these flakes were coming from my scalp. So, I scratched the heck out of it, and washed it. I shampooed it twice with head and shoulders, and then did a mild ACV rinse. I had intended to retwist (sans gel), but when I got out, I could still see that there were some flakes trapped in my curly, semi locked roots. So I just left it alone. This all happened yesterday.

This is what my hair does when I don't retwist it, now. It's definitely locked more, and none of my locs came out.






To help combat the dryness, I rubbed a little hair butter on my scalp, but not too much. I don't want to tell my skin to stop producing it's own, natural oils. Plus, I will probably be rinsing my hair again today anyway.


Right now, I'm gonna get my sweat on, so my hair is up in a really stretchy headband, to try and keep me from overheating. Here is my fro of locs pulled back.


OK, folks. That's all for now. I'll be back with another update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment