what it's all about

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
I am on a journey -like you, I'm sure. A personal journey, a spiritual journey. A journey about passions, growth, and living. I don't have a good memory, but I value my experiences. It's very strange when you realize that you are being shaped constantly, but ultimately only remember some of the reasons why you are the person you're becoming. I find that when things resonate within me, writing about them helps me to better develop my opinions about them, and to remember them. Sometimes, it's the simple act of looking back and reminding myself where I've been that is all I need to move forward with confidence. That's why I write. Thank you for joining me.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

House update #2

My hubby said I need to post another house update. Apparently he spent an hour catching up on my blog yesterday. Yay! But dang, has it been so long that it took a whole HOUR??? Geez. lol.

We're about halfway through the build process. Probably a little more. With all of the craziness with the debt ceiling going on a couple weeks ago, we took a risk and locked in our rate for 45 days. Looks like the house will not be done by then, so we'll have to come up with a bunch more money to extend the rate... :( We thought it was better to be safe, than sorry. But, ironically, mortgage rates went down after our country's credit rating went down. We thought they would jump up. Oh well. We still have a great rate, and I don't think mortgage rates will stay low. But in the meantime, we are watching every penny and trying to sell.... um, just about everything. Haha.

Here is a picture.

I have a video, too... but, I feel kinda weird posting it. It's a big house. Definitely bigger than we need right now. I don't want you all judging us! I know I shouldn't care about what everyone else thinks, that the only judge that matters knows whats on our hearts. And we did pray and pray and pray about it. And doors were opened. Everything has gone incredibly smoothly- up until this rate lock thing. God will use this somehow. Maybe by teaching us about sacrifice.We hope in a way that means people feel safe and welcomed in our future home. In a way that we can share Truth. In a way that blesses a growing family for us. But who knows what will come out of this. Definitely not us. We just need to keep praying and not lose sight of who this all should be for.

Oh what the heck. I'll give you the video too. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment