what it's all about

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
I am on a journey -like you, I'm sure. A personal journey, a spiritual journey. A journey about passions, growth, and living. I don't have a good memory, but I value my experiences. It's very strange when you realize that you are being shaped constantly, but ultimately only remember some of the reasons why you are the person you're becoming. I find that when things resonate within me, writing about them helps me to better develop my opinions about them, and to remember them. Sometimes, it's the simple act of looking back and reminding myself where I've been that is all I need to move forward with confidence. That's why I write. Thank you for joining me.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'm here, I'm here!


I know this is a blog, not a photo album. J I just have not had a chance to sit down and write. Between working (boo!), Thanksgiving (yay!), Christmas shopping, decorating, wrapping presents, holiday parties, and cuddling cute new babies (more yays!), I have barely had a chance to catch my breath. I apologize for the lack of hair updates, too. Seems like I blog more about random things that I love in my life than anything else. Which reminds me- I’ve had such good food lately. But, we’ll get to that.

So. My hair. Today, at work, I snipped off my ends. It was bugging me that I had an inch or more of super skinny twists of synthetic hair. So I got rid of them. I feel much neater. J And I emailed Lockstar about that build up I was having. April responded quickly, which is HUGE to me, as I am all about good service. She explained that she used a product for twisting that must not agree with my hair and offered to remove it and retwist. She also assured me that it was not harmful to my hair, which is good to know! I didn’t bother to go in. Since it was at the back of my head, where nobody ever sees my roots anyway, I just tied up most of my hair, leaving the bottom few rows down, hopped in the shower, and shampooed the heck out of them. I also used an apple cider vinegar rinse, and smushed them with a towel to try and get the gunk out. The hubs said there was still a bit in there, but that they looked 10 times better. And I’m satisfied with that. I’m going into the salon today for a groom, so we’ll see what April says. She did tell me that they use two different products for twisting, and she knows which one she’ll be using for me from here on out. I didn’t take any of my adornments out of my hair today, so she will probably think I’m crazy coming in with all of these beads and such. But, as long as they don’t get washed down the drain, I really am ok with that! I love going to get my hair done. This will be a great way to end a work day. Joy!

The breakfast pictures I posted yesterday? Those were from this new eatery in Ballantyne called Skilletz. Holy Cow. What a great lunch. Well, breakfast. I was so happy. There was thinly sliced steak, loads of provolone cheese, two over easy eggs, potatoes, peppers…. Mmm-mmm good! It was called the “Philly Cheese Steak Skillet”, and it was simply divine. Even better than lunch though, was the dinner we made at home. Let me back up a bit. On Thanksgiving day,

(and we won’t talk about the deliciousness that was had that night,) my dad was watching some show that was talking about the best restaurants in the US to get steak. Now, I’m not a huge steak person, but I learned all kinds of steak-y facts that I had never heard before. I had no idea that there were aged steaks, and that it could be dry aged, or wet aged. Ever since that day, I’ve had a hankerin’ for a steak. And it better be an aged steak. I gotta see what all this fuss is about. So I looked at some menus, and decided that my poor wallet couldn’t afford a real aged steak. L But then- I looked up the local butcher shop, and they have all different cuts of 21 day dry aged beef. Hallelujah!!! I picked up two filets last night, and we grilled them. Served them up with some asparagus and baked potatoes (mine was sweet).

Heaven!!! I mean, simply divine. Angels sang with my first bite and everything. These steaks were, as my husband and I say, “gorgeous. Just gorgeous.” I almost died. Ok, maybe not, but I was certainly in heaven. They were sooo tender (my teeth just sunk right through them), and had such a fantastic flavor. I can tell you that every bad thought I have ever had about steak melted away with the first bite. I’m not kidding, I sighed with pleasure every time I put a piece in my mouth. I maybe went a little crazy. Hahaha. Then I would bite some potato, eat some asparagus, chew a little…..and then my heart would beat faster in anticipation as I speared the next bit of steak. Yes, it was that good. Go get some. They didn’t even need to be marinated. I’m never going back. Aged steak all the way. I called my dad and told him to go by the butcher shop to get some for breakfast. (I really did. He laughed at me.) Now, I can’t wait to try wet aged steaks! J ….steak.steak.steak.steak….

I’m suddenly hungry. I hate to run, but I promise I will write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment