what it's all about

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
I am on a journey -like you, I'm sure. A personal journey, a spiritual journey. A journey about passions, growth, and living. I don't have a good memory, but I value my experiences. It's very strange when you realize that you are being shaped constantly, but ultimately only remember some of the reasons why you are the person you're becoming. I find that when things resonate within me, writing about them helps me to better develop my opinions about them, and to remember them. Sometimes, it's the simple act of looking back and reminding myself where I've been that is all I need to move forward with confidence. That's why I write. Thank you for joining me.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Now, that's nasty!


So, remember that easily agitated spot at the nape of my neck I told you about? Let's start there. Over the many years of my addiction/torture/imprisonment with relaxers, I have had a few chemical burns. Almost all of them were at the same spot right at the nape of my neck. Which makes sense, as the relaxer is almost always applied there first. It sits there the longest, and ta-da! -a burn. Yuck.


So, this spot is always irritated. It's usually dry, sometimes flaky, and (though I hate to admit it), is regularly picked at. Which has created this problem:



how nasty is that?? Here's what I'm thinking. The butter, lotion, etc. that I rub on that spot, has caused the ever dreaded "build up" that I have read so much about. (You would think with all that reading, I'd ahve been more careful.) The build up, plus flakes of skin (from my regular picking at this spot) have been locking into my hair! Dang! Of course this spot happens to be right where my hair is locking the fastest, and the spot that I can't see- at the back of my head. Had I known this sooner, I would've taken more steps to prevent it. Now I don't know what to do!! I'm scratching at it, and hoping the grossness comesout, but I think somehow I will have to give this a deep cleaning. Looks like I have some research to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment