what it's all about

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
I am on a journey -like you, I'm sure. A personal journey, a spiritual journey. A journey about passions, growth, and living. I don't have a good memory, but I value my experiences. It's very strange when you realize that you are being shaped constantly, but ultimately only remember some of the reasons why you are the person you're becoming. I find that when things resonate within me, writing about them helps me to better develop my opinions about them, and to remember them. Sometimes, it's the simple act of looking back and reminding myself where I've been that is all I need to move forward with confidence. That's why I write. Thank you for joining me.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'll be honest

I don't really have a reaction to yesterday's elections. I know, I know. It was a big deal, an important election. But in the end, aren't they all? It seems that politics have become so... BIG... lately, that it almost makes me apolitical. I'm just tired of it. I want to hear conversations about something other than the Dems this, or the Tea party that. Is that really so bad?

I mean, ultimately, I follow them. I know where I stand on some issues, and need to be better informed about others. I don't vote unless I know what I'm voting for. I don't do it just to watch "the balance". Sorry, but I don't.

One thing I will tell you, is that I'm happy to see our government growing more diverse. More women- and women of color- were elected this year than I've seen. Hopefully this is the beginning of an ongoing trend. I would like to see the makeup of our government reflect the makeup of our population one day. Then we can really say we all have representation in our government.

Okay. That's it for me on that subject. You'll rarely hear me voice my political opinion, and I try not to get too involved in political discussions, because as I said, I'm tired of it. My poor husband loves to talk politics and probably wishes I wanted to discuss it with him more. But alas, I can only handle so much. Plus it's a touchy subject- at least for me- and I am already emotionally charged and slightly imbalanced. I'd like to try and keep our newlywed home calm and safe for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment