what it's all about

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
I am on a journey -like you, I'm sure. A personal journey, a spiritual journey. A journey about passions, growth, and living. I don't have a good memory, but I value my experiences. It's very strange when you realize that you are being shaped constantly, but ultimately only remember some of the reasons why you are the person you're becoming. I find that when things resonate within me, writing about them helps me to better develop my opinions about them, and to remember them. Sometimes, it's the simple act of looking back and reminding myself where I've been that is all I need to move forward with confidence. That's why I write. Thank you for joining me.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fun things about this past weekend

Friday night,  my husband and I were walking through this street market,  and this lady called out to me to try and sell me some dreadlock beads.  That made me happy! My hair looks like locs!

And on Sunday, I was helping out a photographer friend of mine, who was helping her colleague update her hair/makeup portfolio. So,  I got to dress up as a bride again! It was fun! As soon as I have the pictures,  I will show you what she did with my unruly hair. I didn't think my short teenage locs would do much,  in terms of a style or updo,  but with a lot of bobby pins,  she manager to do a very fun style.  The back was gorgeous! I'll show you as soon as I get the pics. 

In the meantime, here's my 8 month locs.  :-)

another fuzzy wuzzy sneaking out the end. I pulled it out.
up close.
from behind.







2 comments: