what it's all about

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
I am on a journey -like you, I'm sure. A personal journey, a spiritual journey. A journey about passions, growth, and living. I don't have a good memory, but I value my experiences. It's very strange when you realize that you are being shaped constantly, but ultimately only remember some of the reasons why you are the person you're becoming. I find that when things resonate within me, writing about them helps me to better develop my opinions about them, and to remember them. Sometimes, it's the simple act of looking back and reminding myself where I've been that is all I need to move forward with confidence. That's why I write. Thank you for joining me.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm scared!

Only 12 days till my appointment. I can't call it the big chop because I've already started locking! I'm getting anxious. So funny how this mess of hair affects me... So, why am I scared? First of all, look at this mess!


I know I told you I don't mind the frizzies, but when my hair is short, what's it gonna look like??



And it will be short. Look.That's the length it's gonna be cut to. I feel like I'm going to have to keep grooming for a while, otherwise I'll look crazy. Luckily I work from home, but still... I do venture out into the world on occassion. I don't want to scare everybody away!

Ok. Deep breath. I know I will get over this, and am very much looking forward t going under the blade, but I'm still scared. I wish I had more of an idea what this head of mine will look like...

1 comment:

  1. I can feel your fear! When I started cutting mine, I half regretted it as I was cutting. But I ended up enjoying the 'messy' stage. Though to be fair, your texture makes it a bit more 'messier' than mine so my empathy isn't as empathetic as it could be, LOL.

    ReplyDelete