what it's all about

My photo
Charlotte, NC, United States
I am on a journey -like you, I'm sure. A personal journey, a spiritual journey. A journey about passions, growth, and living. I don't have a good memory, but I value my experiences. It's very strange when you realize that you are being shaped constantly, but ultimately only remember some of the reasons why you are the person you're becoming. I find that when things resonate within me, writing about them helps me to better develop my opinions about them, and to remember them. Sometimes, it's the simple act of looking back and reminding myself where I've been that is all I need to move forward with confidence. That's why I write. Thank you for joining me.

Friday, October 29, 2010

What I'm doing here

I've attempted to blog before, but sadly, never kept up with it. This time, I have a little more resolve. Part of the reason I feel that way, is because I have a reason to blog that will keep me writing for a while, but I'll get to that in a minute. I actually put a lot of thought into what type of blog I would develop, and who I wanted to read it. Turning my ideas over in my head lead me to want to grow this journal into something a bit more diverse that what I had originally intended. I mean, I am all about diversity. Haha. No seriously. If you stick with me, you'll see.

So, here we go. My original intent was to write about my hair. No, I'm not that vain or obsessed, but I have decided to begin my own dreadlock journey. I was trying to learn about the experiences of people who started out with similar hair to my own, and had trouble finding anyone who could share their journey with me. I know I'm not the only one in this situation, so I figured I'd blog about my own journey to help other people learn by my doing.

Then I got to thinking about past blogs I've written, and others that I've followed ( check them out over there---> ) and decided that I will diversify my blog. I will write about more than just hair experiences. I will write about the life I'm living.

No comments:

Post a Comment